Some of the definitions gathered with short description.
A B C L M N P R S T
- Location Area
- Location Area is one or more cells. Location Area is controlled by VLR. Each time MS changes LA it needs to inform VLR about this with Location Update Procedure.
- Master Node
- In Dual Connectivity, the node which provides signalling connection (control plane) between UE and CN.
- Master Cell Group
- Cells within Master Node configured for the connection.
- NAS - Non-Access Stratum
- Set of protocols (i.e. MM, GMM, SM, CC, SS, SMS) and functions for communication between Ms (or Ue) and Core Network (both CS and PS domain).
- Primary Cell
- Secondary Cell.
- Secondary Cell Group
- Cells within Secondary Node configured for the connection.